Welcome to Tell a Tale

Tell a Tale is a unique blog where writers from all sections will come and share their stories. Stories that talk for themselves are worth reading. Reading and writing go hand in hand, we all know that. This is a platform not only to share our stories but also to read others’ so that we learn and move ahead. This is where people share their writes and reads others. This unique because it lets you tell your own story – in your own words!

Our Motto
Writing is passion for some while for some it is profession too. Many of us are not professional writers but then, all of us want to write. Writing is common among us.
And hence, our motto: Write On!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week # 7: Silence

I think the first virtue is to restrain the tongue; he approaches nearest to gods who knows how to be silent, even though he is in the right... Cato the Elder


Picture Source
(Add this Badge in your original post)


Prompt for Week # 7: Silence!
Write a story on ‘Silence’ – make it audible, or keep it as silent as it is; make silence speak for itself; make love being silent! Whatever you feel like, construct a story and post it in your blog. Then come back here and link (only) your story to Mr. Linky widget here.
Check out the Leaderboard here. The points in the Leaderboard will come into effect as and when the Contests Start. Stay Tuned!

Points: 2 points for each participation.

Write On!



19 comments:

Rigel April 29, 2009 at 1:14 AM  

Hi everyone. I've been so sentimental these days that I wanted to do something different for TaT this week. I thought I'd make something humorous out of a maudlin prompt :D

Looking forward to reading everyone else's stories.

WRITE ON!

Yamini Meduri April 29, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Silence....!!!!

nice picture admin..!!!

The Great Brown Experiment April 30, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

I posted my story! :) Do tell me how it was.

George S Batty May 1, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

Old Grizz wrote two fro this week. I am told it is OK to be greedy now and then. Silent I am not.

TJ May 1, 2009 at 2:52 AM  

I am her just so damn busy... I will keep an eye out for you and wait for a silent minute to write,,,Thanks TJ

Dee Martin May 1, 2009 at 4:17 AM  

I stopped to visit and stayed to play - hello everyone!

Tan May 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

So many entries this time!! When will I write mine??? Oh! Dying... almost .... to write :)

Tan May 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

I'm here too... So happy!!

Aparna (Life Takes) May 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

I've wriiten too for the first time

Hope its as good as the others.

Dialect Of Heart May 3, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

Posting my second entry at tell a tale.

Dialect Of Heart May 3, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

My first post on this week's prompt was a bit long...balancing it with a short post :)

Mom's Fortress of Solitude May 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

I'm so glad I found your site. I just submitted my first TaT, now I'm off to read the others.

Great Prompt! I'm looking forward to reading more.

Angela

http://www.momsgreatescape.blogspot.com/

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) May 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Good participation, and I so enjoyed the stories.

Dorothi May 4, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Its my first post here......Hope its as good as others!!

Story Teller May 4, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Hiya friends. How are you all? I am happy to see so many posts this week. Hope to have more during the contest. I have read each and every story linked above and have commented in there too. I would encourage all of you to do the same. Please read others' work too, so that the encouragement and learning remains throughout. Best of Luck..

Story Teller May 4, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

And yes, I have given points to all the entries this week. The following two entries disqualifies:

Telebound: (from) http://irongirltraveling.blogspot.com/
Did not write a story and just linked his/her blog. The link will be removed from Mr. Linky above.

Angela McCoy: (from) http://www.momsgreatescape.blogspot.com/
wrote a wonderful poem on Silence. I would encourage all of you to read that too. I have not removed the link from here; however she could not earn any point as because the prompt was to write a Story, not a poem.

To all others:
I would like to request you to link only your particular Entry, and not the whole Blog here. Please remember that during the contest, such flaws will not be overlooked, and stories that do not obey the contest rules will be disqualified...

Wishing all of you luck for the forthcoming contest :)

linda may May 4, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

G'Day Storyteller,
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know how to do links to only the current story, I'm not real good on the puter. But I do love this prompt site.

Story Teller May 6, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

Sheena, I dont find a link to any story in you link... I am not removing the link, because this is your first time here. However, you earn no points in doing this...

Mohita Saxena May 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Here's the link to my story.
I am sorry,couldn't submit it on time.


http://mohita-nostalgicreminiscences.blogspot.com/2009/05/silence.html

My Fish Tank

My Spider

My Turtles

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP